DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION: 12th July, 2020
Many of our clients know we work with a lot of the excellent international schools in Bangkok, providing residential activity weeks and expeditions by stand-up-paddleboard. They also know our Director’s background as Head of Mathematics at Harrow International School, Beijing (2006 – 2016) and his passion for outdoor education and watersports, so they choose to trust us with the care of their children. Due to demand and just for one week in July (26th July – 1st August), we’ve created a residential programme, which is a one-off event in 2020 for 24 young people (13 – 16 years of age). We are offering the residential at a price of ฿24 500 per participant, which includes all food, board, activities and transport on the trip from the point of arrival in Kanchanaburi. We believe that our programme represents the pinnacle in outdoor education merged with academic learning, in a stunning natural setting. The residential programme is designed to challenge the participants to learn various physical and intellectual skills, whilst having fun, with a view to developing those skills FOR LIFE. That is why, at the core of the residential is the EFR Primary and Secondary Care Training & the SUP skills (and river features) training, for which we also give a certificate. However, we wanted to make the learning even more varied and to challenge the participants in different ways, to allow them to develop holistically, so we have integrated the following into the week, keeping it varied, fun and dynamic:
- SUP (approx. 7 hours)
- EFR training (approx. 8 hours + examination)
- Charity work (approx. 3 hours)
- Rural cycling (approx. 5 hours)
- Map & compass and orienteering / hiking (approx. 5 hours)
- Insect and snake bites, blisters and effective wound cleaning (approx. 3 hours)
- Campcraft and 2-way radio procedure (approx. 3 hours)
- Electives where we give participants a choice of activities (approx. 3 hours)
- Kayaking and e-scooter journey (approx. 2 hours)
- Preparing one’s own meals under supervision (3 meals)
- One night of camping
… and much more!
So, if you would like to know more, contact Troy Wells on firstname.lastname@example.org for a draft timetable of activities and a list of FAQs, but act promptly as numbers are capped at 24 participants.