Hire a bike yourself (see below) or take a trip with our instructor in stunning rural Kanchanaburi, among rice fields, sugar cane and sweetcorn fields with a multitude of bird life and general wildlife. Very quiet, scenic and rural experiences. Check us out on Facebook
Four other options for accompanied cycle journeys (for all ages), all leaving from our base:
Choose early morning or late afternoon, when not really hot
1) Short Jaunt (12.5km) of about 1 hour 15 minutes. Beautiful rural ride. Easy for everyone including younger kids < 9
฿450 for the instructor PLUS ฿200 per bike.
2) 16km rural road circuit which takes mostly about 1.5 hours. Mainly rural roads and villages, crossing the river twice. Suitable for most rider age > 8, over 1.30m tall
฿500 for the instructor PLUS ฿200 per bike.
3) 22km intermediate circuit which takes most people a little over 2 hours. Absolutely stunning scenery with a good mix of road, gravel, and cattle tracks. Suitable for families wanting a moderate challenge, but not young children (we suggest age > 10, over 1.30m tall).
฿550 for the instructor PLUS ฿200 per bike.
4) Morning or late afternoon 28-30km harder circuit which takes around 2.5 – 3 hours. Out in the countryside (lots of off roading). Only suitable for cycling enthusiasts!
฿700 for the instructor PLUS ฿200 per bike.
Take your family on a treasure hunt. Ask us for details of this. Only ฿250 per person including all instructions and the bike bike for a treasure hunt experience where you and your family can learn about the flora and fauna of the local area.
Bike Hire in beautiful rural Kanchanaburi
Our standard rentals are for up to 12 hours at a time (daylight hours only, for your safety) @ ฿200; we hope you agree this is a GREAT deal, especially since if you have a puncture, we’ll come out and help you. With extra small, small, medium and large bicycles in stock, as well as child seats, we are bound to have one to fit you.
Please note that our bikes are suitable for road, trail or gravel riding, but not serious mountain-biking or going over large obstacles.
Email us to see what we have available or give us a call. Book your bike beforehand specifying a start time and we’ll prepare it for you prior to your arrival. You’ll pick up your bike at our base (Find SUP Hire Thailand on Google Maps), near to the Royal River Kwai Resort and Spa. The bikes are well maintained by an in-house mechanic. They are cleaned and checked prior to collection but do your own check prior to taking the bicycle away. Any issues and we will change the bike for you immediately.
All bicycles ฿200 for daily rental from 7.30am (or earlier by prior arrangement).
For height 175cm – 190cm.
For height 165cm – 185cm.
For height 145cm – 165cm.
Extra Small Bicycles
For height 120cm – 145cm.
Child seat (good quality) available for bike @ ฿150 for daily rental
- bikes need to be returned to the shop by 6.30pm at the latest. Late return is charged at ฿ 200 per hour per bicycle (minimum one hour)
- There is a refundable CASH deposit of ฿1000 (daily rentals) on all bicycles (but if you lose the bike, or it takes major damage, we WILL chase you for the full value of the bike)
- Please return the bike in the same condition as when you collected it
- We’ll ask you to sign a waiver when you collect the bicycle
- If you have a puncture, we’ll come out to fix it for you or provide a replacement bike.
- We can also, for a small charge, deliver / collect you or our rental bikes to / from your hotel (฿ 16 / km from / to our base); it is usually about 10km (typical cost is around ฿ 160) .
Our bikes have VERY good quality after-market tyres (Schwalbe), meaning that punctures are extremely rare. However, if you are unlucky enough to get a puncture, send us a Text / Whats App / Line / WeChat message with a pin showing your exact location and we’ll come out to you to fix it or give you a replacement bike. Therefore, don’t be afraid to go out and explore! (Please keep in mind our radius of rescue is 12 km from our base)
Locking the bikes. Each bike comes with a combination lock. Please follow the following guidelines to avoid theft:
– if you park the bike, ALWAYS lock it to something like a post or fence
– lock it if you leave it with your hotel
Call or email us to arrange any of the above. Collection and drop off can be arranged from your hotel with our driver for around 40% less than ‘street rates’. Call us to arrange.
Our hybrid bikes are clean and very well maintained 9-Speed or 6-Speed hybrid bikes (dependent on availability). They are checked prior to each rental. As well as the basic bike, the bikes come with side stand, mudguards, a combination lock and water bottle holder (this is a standard size and only takes the standard sized bottle; small plastic 500ml bottles of purchased mineral water do tend to fall out). We’ll also supply you with a helmet, which is cleaned with a disinfectant wipe after each rental. Standard rentals are daytime only for one day, but if you want the bike for more than three days, contact us to make an arrangement.
Cycle OUT and SUP Back
It is important to stay socially distanced. That is why we have created these unique, cycle out (through rural lanes), SUP back (along the beautiful River Kwai) with our experienced guide instructors.
SUP Out Cycle Back (2-hour SUP + 1 hour Cycle)
Price: ฿750 per person
Cycle Out SUP Back (1.5 – 2-hour Cycle + intermediate 2.5-hour SUP)